By Gambo Jagindi
Behold the new AMCON Chairman, Edward Adamu
December 11, 2019
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, named Mr. Edward Lametek Adamu as the new Chairman of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).
Adamu is to replace the outgoing chairman, Muiz Banire who was appointed in July 2018.
The appointment was contained in a letter sent to the Senate by the President.
Here are 10 things you may need to know about him:
1. Edward Lametek Adamu is a Nigerian quantity surveyor, business consultant and leadership strategist.
2. He was born on 22 June 1959 in Kaltungo, Gombe State.
3. He has a degree in quantity surveying from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
4. Adamu also holds postgraduate professional qualifications from other institutions of higher learning especially from the Institute of Credit Administration of Nigeria, Wharton School, USA, INSEAD France, Chicago Booth and IMD Switzerland.
Read Also: BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
5. He is a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
6. Adamu joined the CBN in June 1992 before he was later appointed as Director of the Strategy Management Department in 2012.
7. He was also a member of the Monetary Policy Implementation Committee and the Financial Services Regulatory Coordination Committee
8. In 2016, Mr. Adamu was appointed Director, Human Resources Department in charge of developing the human capital assets of the bank.
9. Due to his unrelenting efforts and serving in many capacities, Adamu was appointed as the CBN Deputy Governor in February 2018.
10. Edward Lametek Adamu is a married father of four children.